Filed under: Canada, Disney-Dining, Epcot, family travel, featuredarticle, Kidcot, World Showcase Pavilions
Watching the thrills and excitement of the Olympics, two thoughts have constantly run through my mind, how beautiful Canada is and how much I would like to visit. With so many different Providences, each with its unique landscape and features, it would take weeks, perhaps even months, to experience it all.
Yet, what if I told you there was a place where in only a few hours, you could experiece all the character and atmosphere of Canada. From the Rockies to the colorful gardens to the carved totem poles, guests to Epcot’s Canada Pavilion at Walt Disney World Resort (map), will think the only thing missing from this Canadian tour is their passport.
In a collection of pavilions that ring the World Showcase lagoon, Canada is prominently positioned between Mexico Pavilion and United Kingdom Pavilion. Each pavilion hold shops, attractions and restaurants representing the culture of the host country.
Canada, is no exception as it shares something for guests of all ages:
- Oh, Canada - a visual journey transporting guests across the Canadian countryside in 360-degree CircleVision theater. This 18 minute journey puts guests in the center surrounded by the sights and sounds of the wildlife, harbors, mountains, and bustling city life that makes Canada so unique.
- Kidcot stop – young world showcase travelers can find a special spot to receive a stamp in their passport, create a craft and meet a new friend from a different land at this stop nestled at the exit of Oh, Canada
- Live entertainment by Off-Kilter the five member, kilt-wearing, bagpipe-playing Celtic rock band performing 30 minute mini-concerts throughout the day. The unique blend of traditional and original songs are performed on celtic instruments and modern electronics.
- Northwest Merchantile – from plush toys to pewter to athletic wear made popular by the Olympics, guests are sure to find the perfect gift or souvenir here
- Le Cellier Steakhouse - tucked away like a wine celler it was modeled after, this restaurant serves corn-fed beef, seafood, and of course, the signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. Be sure to save room for dessert – Chocolate “Moose” !
While many Disney travelers zip through these pavilions, moving on to the “bigger” attractions, do yourself and your family a favor, and spend a few hours to savor the world around you. The memories and images will last and maybe even lead you to further travels. I guarantee that after visiting Oh, Canada, you will go around the rest of the day, humming the Canadian National Anthem.
Photo Selection: flickr