Budget Travel’s Top Tips for Cruise Travel
Then check out Budget Travel magazine’s list of 50 Top Tips From the World’s Smartest Cruisers collected from frequent cruise travellers and cruise travel professionals.
Covering everything from how to drink for free to avoiding cell roaming charges, these tips will help everyone from first time cruisers to seasoned pros.
Here’s just a sampling of useful cruise tis:
- Avoid long buffet lines (and the risk of missing your departure) by ordering a room service breakfast the night before any early-morning excursion
- Save money and avoid potentially bad meals in port by arranging for room service to arrive in your cabin as you reboard the ship from any outing.
- Avoid onboard internet costs by using internet cafes at port of calls. And don’t settle for the first internet café you see on leaving the ship. Another one a few blocks away will often be much cheaper. Better still, if time allows, look for the local public library where internet is usually free.
- Avoid clutter in small cabins by hanging a shoe organizer on the bathroom door to stash not only shoes but also toiletries, keys, documents, etc.
- Pack a power strip to make it easier to re-charge electrical gadgets and also dry your hair.
- Deal with sea sickness by eating candied ginger and green apples and wearing acupressure Sea-bands worn on the wrists.
To find out more great tips, read the full list of 50 Top Tips for Cruise Travel.
(photo from sxc.hu)cruise travel tips, featuredarticle