The Latest News on Nashville, Tenn.
In addition to keeping an eye on the oil spill in the Gulf, travelers are also paying attention to what’s happening in Nashville, Tenn. If you’ve been watching the news (and weather) this past week, you know the famed Music City has experienced record-level flooding.
Now that the skies have cleared and the sun is out, the city is surveying the damage. Many travelers and those who have close ties to Nashville are wondering about the city’s many sites and how they were affected.
To keep up with the latest news, be sure to visit the city’s CVB site, which is providing current information regarding available hotels and attractions. Much is open and the city wants traveler’s to know that the music is still playing. In addition, Nashville Downtown Development is providing updates as well.
As for some of Nashville’s attractions…
- The Hermitage (map) is reporting that they reopened today, May 6, and are following normal business hours.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame (map) says they are planning to reopen this weekend.
- Belle Meade (map) is opened, however the property did experience damage at both front entrances.
- Ryman Auditorium (map) is opened, and music acts have returned to the Grand Ole Opry (map) as well.
- The Frist Center for the Visual Arts (map) is offering free admission through Sunday.
- Tootsie’s reopened on Tuesday, May 4.
- According to their website, Wildhorse Saloon (map) is closed until further notice.
- As of today, Opry Mills (map) remains closed as they continue to clean-up.
Want to help or volunteer? The Nashville City Paper has put together a list on ways that you can get involved.
photo credit: Laptop Keyboard, flickr, creative commons by baddog
AGaylord Opryland2800 Opryland Dr., Nashville, TNView Details and Book
BThe Hermitage4580 Rachel's Lane, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
CThe Country Music Hall of Fame222 5th Avenue South, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
DBelle Meade Plantation5025 Harding Pike, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
ERyman Auditorium116 Fifth Avenue North, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
FFrist Center for the Visual Arts919 Broadway, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
GWildhorse Saloon120 2nd Avenue North, Nashville, TNView Details and Book
HOpry Mills433 Opry Mills Dr., Nashville, TNView Details and Book