Filed under: family travel, featuredarticle, Tokyo DisneySEA
A Lot to See at Tokyo DisneySea
Visitors to Tokyo¬†have two Disney¬†theme parks to enjoy.¬† The first is the popular Tokyo Disneyland Park with its traditional Disney stories full of fantasy, magic and dreams.¬† The second park, Tokyo DisneySEA holds new experiences based on the imaginative lore of the oceans full of adventure, discovery and fun.
- Mediterranean Harbor with its old world charm of the¬†southern European seaports.¬† From the charming Italian fishing village, Porto Paradiso¬†to the Palzzo Canalscomplete with gondolas¬†inspired by Venice, to the exciting era of exploration at Explorer’s Landing, guests will enjoy the shopping and dining at these three distinctive areas
- American Waterfrontoffers a nostalgic look at two American harbors at the beginning of the 20th¬†Century. ¬†New York with its big city feel complete with period cars and a Broadway-inspired musical¬†and the quaint New England fishing¬†community,¬†Cape Cod, with a down-home restaurant and sweet shop¬†
- Port Discovery gives guests a glimpse of the marina of the future full of adventure and excitement of the frontiers of the sea and sky.¬† With attractions like StormRider, guests¬†feel the thrill of¬†soaring high above the clouds and plunging into the eye of a storm
- Lost River Delta holds ancient perils and jungle mysteries as guests journey through the secret corridors of a Central American pyramid to encounter Indiana Jones Adventure and a live theater jungle show
- Arabian Coast¬†invites guests to explore¬†exotic wonders¬†along with¬†Aladdin and his pal, Genie in a live magic show.¬† Guests can even board small boats and ¬†join the travels of Sinbad’s Storybook Voyages or ride on a double-deck carousel
- Mermaid Lagoon features the whimsical under sea world of Ariel with attractions, a live show, even an interactive children’s play area
- On Mysterious Island, created by a smoldering volcano, fantastic adventures with the legendary Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Journey to the Center of the Earth
Along with these unique attractions,¬† Tokyo DisneySEA offers live entertainment, events, dining and¬†shopping, even meet some of your favorite Disney characters, like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and¬†Donald Duck.
Can’t drag the kids out of the park?¬† No problem.¬† A unique feature of Tokyo DisneySea is a luxury hotel, Hotel MiraCosta (map), is located within the park.¬† Located on the main waterfront in Mediterranean Harbor, the hotel offers great views of the park and Tokyo Bay.¬† I can’t think of anything more fun than staying overnight in the park.
Photo Selections: flickr