/ The Orange County Guide
Orange County — By Abbie Mood on October 3, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Welcome to the OC!

OCIntro

My name is Abbie Mood and I am here to write everything you could ever want to know about Orange County!¬† We moved from the east coast to sunny Southern California weeks after I graduated from college, and have now been here for just over 4 years.¬† Besides being a freelance writer, I also teach preschool Special Ed. and earned my Master’s degree in Special Education earlier this year.¬† In my free time, I can be found with my boyfriend and our two dogs, rock climbing, running, traveling, reading, volunteering, or practicing yoga.¬† I am also very excited about a new project that I’m working on called Today is Your Quit Day!

What’s so great about Orange County? you may ask.¬† Orange County is amazing for many reasons, the first big one being weather.¬† You simply cannot beat 300+ days of sun and mild winters.¬† The other major reason is location.¬† Southern California has over 100 miles of beaches and always has something going on.¬† If you somehow manage to get bored, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Santa Barbara are all in within driving distance and make great day or weekend trips.

Now let’s get down to it, the question everyone wants to know – is Orange County really like what you see on TV?¬† The answer to that is no.¬† Actually, that’s not entirely true.¬† Some parts are like what you see on TV, but my goal is to give the readers a well-rounded picture of Orange County, so expect to get it all!¬† Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you want to read about!

Photo Credit:  Eric Lang

12 Comments

• Mary Jo Manzanares says:

Welcome to PlanetEye Traveler! You are joining a wonderful group of travel bloggers, and I’m looking forward to learning more about Orange County. (I confess that much of what I know is centered around theme parks and television.)

• thedenverguide says:

Glad to have you on board! I am definitely looking forward to learning more about Orange County.

• Candice says:

I was sold at “300+ days of sunshine”.

• Hi, welcome to Planet Eye. I’ve visited Orange County a number of times. I love it down there. I write the Vancouver Guide, Vancouver Canada. Come and visit me.

• Marianne says:

Abbie, Orange county sounds absolutely fascinating and I had no idea where to find this. But now I know. For me orange is associated with the Dutch Royal family and Dutch football. ( I am Dutch and write about Amsterdam). I look forward to reading more about Orange County

• Jenni Ingersoll says:

Abbie, Welcome to the group. I write about all things Disney, including Disneyland, so hopefully we can share lots of great information. I can’t wait to learn more about Orange County!

• Abbie says:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Candice – The 300+ days of sunshine is sooo nice! Especially coming from the east coast :) There’s still plenty of room in the OC for transplants if you’re interested!!!!

• ldavis says:

Welcome Abbie! I cover Chicago for Planeteye. I am a former OC girl myself – used to live near Laguna Beach. Loved it. Welcome to Planeteye. Lisa, Chicago Traveler

• Patty says:

Fantastic article, Orange County is a great place to be and I can’t wait to read more about it!! Thanks!!

• Welcome to Planet Eye Traveler. I’m right next door and visit the OC quite a lot. Looking forward to learning more about the area and checking out new sites. All the best!

Heather
    Planet Eye – Phoenix

• Carina says:

Hey Abbie,

First glimpse – I love it! That’s just a teaser though :) . More details to come tomorrow via email.

-Carina